Sunday, July 10, 2005

Coming Soon...to a Blog near You

Really, I will finish my review of Seven soon. I still don't have a replacement for my computer, which got zapped a few weeks ago, but one should be coming soon. So basically I'm updating my blog in short spurts when I can borrow a computer or at lunch at work. Longer, more thoughtful work (like reviews) has been delayed.

I spent more time in Seven this afternoon, hanging out with J.T. Kirkland while he gallery sat. Check out the photos of the opening at J.T.'s blog Thinking About Art. I need to get a digital camera so I can add nice images to my blog, otherwise the text gets a bit boring.

It was good to meet J.T. and hear about his experiences blogging about art in DC. It's a bit bizarre how uptight people can get about art, getting worked up about one person's opinion, especially one expressed within a personal webpage. It's also bizarre how much of a positive response you can get by expressing those opinions... Anyway, J.T. has been very encouraging.

While at the Warehouse I briefly met another Seven artist, but I'm afraid I can't remember his name.

If any of the other artists in Seven would like to discuss your work I'd love to hear from you.

2 Comments:

At 9:58 PM, Anonymous J.T. Kirkland said...

Amy is far too sweet. She fails to realize that I just used her today to occupy 2 hours of what would have been boring time. That's all!

Just kidding of course. Amy is a very bright young woman who is going to add a great voice to our arts dialogue in DC. We should welcome her with open arms. That is, if she can get her computer issues worked out.

Lastly, it seems we need to chat about how to put images on the blog. You don't need to take images yourself. Just pick them from other Web sites. Have your people call my people. We'll do lunch.

 
At 12:41 PM, Blogger Amy said...

Wow, thanks for the kind words, JT! I'm blushing!

I haven't had the time to explore images yet, that's next on my list. I know you don't have to take them yourself necessarily, but it would help.

We'll have to get together with again to talk more technically about blogging.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home