Saturday, July 30, 2005

desert of posts

sorry. This week has been busy somehow - I finally got my new laptop (shiny!) and have been tweaking it. I don't know how I've lived this long without a laptop. It's a bit ridiculous, I spend 9 hours a day at work in front of a computer screen and can't wait to get home and spend more time at a computer. My eyes are about to give out today.

Anyhow, I'm finishing up my draft of the Seven review. The two published reviews I've read haven't given the show much time (or space) which I think is a shame. Though not without it's flaws, Seven is worth the time for anyone who wants to support DC area art.

Curator Lenny Campello's lecture is tomorrow afternoon at 2pm at the Warehouse.

2 Comments:

At 6:55 PM, Blogger Lenny said...

Flaws? You bet! It wouldn't be a group show without some....

Let's see if you can nail "the surprise" (see: this posting)

Warm regards,

Lenny

 
At 1:53 PM, Blogger Amy said...

Hmm. I don't know. There are several choices, maybe that Pollock knock-off or Linda Hesh's installation? No offense to Hesh, very few artists in DC are addressing social/political issues, but the work comes across as one note and it's been done before. Plus, printer paper tacked up on the wall hardly ever looks great, no matter the depth of the content.

Sorry I missed your lecture, Lenny, I was looking forward to it. I'd love to talk to you about your curatorial process.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home