Saturday, January 28, 2006

busy busy busy

It's been a jam-packed week. As my lack of posting reflects.

Sunday had a long meeting. I'm on the board for my non-profit studio complex and we're trying to hack out some major issues. It's exausting and sometimes frustrating work, but it has to be done. Democracy can be tough.

Talked to a PhD student from UMD about the art history program. I'm thinking of grad school... probably not a doctorate, don't know if I have the stamina for that.

Went to the Hirshhorn's Meet the Artist lecture. Lorna Simpson was a great speaker, articulate and funny and gave a coherent slide lecture. Believe me, not all artists, even major, successful ones, can do that much.

Friday went to a brown-bag lecture of a visiting scholar at the American Art museum. Not sure if these are open to the public?? Anyway, she spoke about Joseph Cornell's interest in astronomy, the cosmos, and spirituality. Great, dynamic lecture. I'll have to find her name, she's writing a book about the subject I think should be very good. If you're interested in the lectures let me know and I'll try to find out if they are open to the public. The next one is on Walter de Maria.

Hope to see more art this weekend.

Probably won't go to the Cezanne show yet, will be mega crowded on Sunday I'm sure.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home