Thursday, February 09, 2006

Sorry, dealing with some health issues and haven't been keeping up with the art.

Been reading about the culture of altar-building, especially among women. Interesting stuff.

Jerry Salz on Andrea Zittel : A Thorn Tree in the Garden

Also, Nam June Paik died recently. His Video Flag at the Hirshhorn never ceases to fascinate me - or maybe hypnotise me. Good thing I'm not epileptic.

At NYT: Computer Analysis Suggests Paintings are not Pollocks. Wherein a physicist uses fractals to analyze works attributed to Jackson Pollock. Edward Winkleman has an essay, which I haven't had time to read.

Congrats to Edward as well for making the October 2005 Young Galleries supplement to Art Press. I just saw this the other day, so it's a bit late...

1 Comments:

At 12:03 PM, Blogger Joseph Barbaccia said...

One of my favorite altars (Thrones)

http://americanart.si.edu/collections/interact/zoom/hampton_throne.cfm

As weel as a terrific interactive web site. Looking forward to this museum re-opening in July.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home